Thursday, October 2, 2008

Engineered Calamity

Wall Street Scum.
Keep on looting the poor
this daft American public

We love it.

We love writing you blank checks
Controlled by a private bank

I called this one
This is the point
where we get tanked

It's been happening for a while
what they've planned all along...
A currency based on nothing
can never be anything
other than paper

Slowly I see
A country I thought
was a safe place to be
Become a personal prison
For me.. For my family

We're the ones
who get to live
inside of this
engineered calamity

We're the ones
who get to live
in the insanity
of a reality
we created

we gave it all up
blame yourselves
for what comes to pass
for it's all on you
and not on my ass

I refuse to pay
let it be said
I'd rather be dead
than pay for a rich
man's bread...

Save your souls
stop beating around the Bush
stop herding in numbers to push
a person who's backed by the banks

We'll all get spanked
by the oppression
the next one
brings to pass

It's all on your ass
But you refuse to fight
even though, it's your god given
right to make this world a better
place to be for you, your friends
and your family

Don't be - my enemy
You too, are a soldier
in my family

My uncle, my friends
They go back to Iraq
to fight for some shit
that only amounts to black...

...oil...
pools of blood
the things we don't get to see
it angers me ...

Where are all the bodies
that just don't seem to come home
on the news they're talking about
Brittney Spear's next loan
on fame.... what the hell
what's it matter anyway

We'll all just go along
in the same pattern
in the same old way
believing the words
that all of them say

trusting intentions
sought out by corporations
the will of the people lost
in a corporate take over of greed

will they create another artificial need
my people refuse to bleed
for the corporate greed
of a nation lost
to the trust
of a few

whom if only they knew
the cost of a gallon of milk
or the cost of a dozen of eggs
they know only the cost of a
Maserati instead

In my head
I imagined
we could be
truly free

But then I realized
those words were merely
taught to me